Alena Rakhman PA-S

Site Evaluation Visit Summary

For my site visit, I met with Professor Stephens-Hines at the CUNY York College campus. This was a different format from my previous evaluations because some of my classmates were there as well. For my first evaluation, I presented 2 H&Ps, a journal article that was related to one of my H&Ps, and prepared and answered questions on the 10 pharm cards. My evaluator also went over my procedure log and signed it. Professor Stephens-Hines gave each student undivided attention and took her time to explain if there was any confusion, and gave the feedback as needed. Sometimes, she asked my classmates related questions, so that everyone was engaged. For my second evaluation, I emailed my 3rd H&P to professor Stephens-Hines by the set due date. I do wish however that I had the H&Ps corrected or marked so I would know what appropriate corrections to make for my concluding H&P. Overall, I enjoyed completing majority of my work for my mid-rotation evaluation and it gave me more time in the end to prepare for my EOR exam. In consecutive site evaluations, I will make an effort to complete my work early because completing majority of the requirements for the mid-evaluation was beneficial to me.